Date: 3 Feb 2015
Start Time: 6.00pm AEST
Estimated End Time: 8.00pm AEST
Meeting location: PBL Room 7 SoM
Chair: Lana Nguyen
Note Taker: Yun Megan Foo
Yun Megan Foo
- Approval of last meeting’s minutes – Yun Megan Foo, 5 minutes
- President’s Welcome and Update – Lana Nguyen, 45 minutes
- TGS Policy Update and Application Review – Bea Andrew, 45 minutes
- February Election – Lana Nguyen, 15 minutes
- O-Week Planning – Will Harrison, 15 minutes
- Policy – Anu Ganapathy, 30 minutes
END TIME: 6.05
Memorandum of Understanding
- SoM would like WSMS to evaluate their internal procedures and systems in order to successfully have a Memorandum of Understanding.
- This can be ensured by tightening policy, ensuring transparency, improving communication.
- Edit the constitution to allow exec members to remove an individual from position if required.
- Conflicts linked to Sponsorship & MoU (insurance etc.) – for example, associated groups having sponsors at events in the SoM which impacts on WSMS sponsorship.
- Previously the SoM has given monetary support to WSMS but may no longer continue – need to
- Bea and Christine to create a proposal outlining our expenditure to present to SoM.
- Lana to update the Memorandum of Understanding with Professor Hennessey.
- Megan and Lana to update election rules document for more specific criteria.
- Lana and Vaish to conduct a meeting with associated group to explain access to member base, sponsorship and general running.
- Lana to contact SoM not to accept events from associated group
END TIME: 6.45pm
- $7500 for Travel Grants à $6000
- Division 1: Health-related academic events
- Division 2: Health-related non-academic events, role-relevant compensation
- Recommended Policy Change to TGS for greater accountability
- Only eligible if receipts provided via Western Sydney email.
- Small independent educational events are not.
- Presentation at an event gets higher priority for reimbursement, and potential greater monetary value.
- Successful applicants are contacted via phone to ensure validity of applicants.
- Quorum required for approval of each application.
- Application requirements:
- WSMS Application form
- Conference Brochure
- Receipts with proper details
- No invoices
- Travel Itinerary
- Bea to update TGS policy to present at next executive meeting.
- Bea to draft 2016 Budget for presentation at next executive meeting.
- Bea to format 2015 Budget for presentation.
END TIME: 7.15pm
- January Elections have completed
- Online elections for the Year Rep positions; Other open positions to be de-identified application only
- Indigenous Rep Application
- Votes will be filtered according to relevance
- All officers should create handover documents to be uploaded on
- Feb timeline: Close of nominations 16, Voting closes 23, Announcement on 24.
- March 14 is AGM
- Exec Meeting 1 March, Council Meeting 3 March
- Every position to include personal growth and understanding forms
- Lana to create document for Year Rep election
- Vaish to tell RHUUWS, Anu to tell GPSN about filling rural and SOM Medical Education committees
- Lana, Anu and Megan to create a Council policy in two weeks.
- Lana to make first Full Council Meeting fun
END TIME: 7.50pm
Social Media – delayed to next meeting
- Lana to Anu ASK LANA
- Bea to make a shared excel sheet for SIGs to monitor spending
- All exec with vested interest in Social media to present idea for policy in less than a minute
MEETING END TIME: