The following information is out of date and is provided for archival purposes only.
First Year Nominations are now open and in action! Do you want to be involved in WSMS in 2016 or have a special interest? If you want to get involved in something you feel passionate about or want to try something new, your opportunity is now.
All WSMS Full Council positions are as depicted:
Nominations for First Year Representative positons are open from Monday Feb 29th. Applications close on Monday March 7th at 11:59pm.
To find out more about what each role involves, and specific criteria for the relevant applications, click here.
- 2 WSMS first year reps – to be voted online by first years only
- 1 first year rep for each of our SIGs – to be chosen by written application
- Surgical Society (WSSS)
- Physicians Society (WSPS)
- Global Health (GHAWS)
How to Apply
- Read the relevant documents with information for each role.
- Election Rules document found here.
- Complete your application as specified in the information documents.
- An appropriately filled Working Contract (Nomination Form) found here
- All other relevant documentation (e.g. photo, CV, answer documents)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you by the Secretary.
Timeline of Important Dates
- Feb 29: Release of nomination information
- March 7: Close of Submissions (11.59pm)
- March 8: Positions going to online voting put on website
- March 14: Announcement of successful candidates at WSMS Annual General Meeting
Please note that all applicants have to be present at the AGM on Monday, 14th March in order to successfully accept and take up their position.
Best of luck!
WSMS Secretary 2016