The results of the WSMS 2016 January/February Elections are now available. Congratulations to our winners!
ICM Mentoring: Blacktown Clinical School - Ashley Creighton, Maddie Southey
Clinical Skills: Nivetha Nallaillingam
ICM Mentoring: Macarthur Clinical School - Dominic Ng
Clinical Skills: Macarthur Clinical School - Ben Griffiths
Anatomy Mentoring: Nicole Da Cruz, Chris Kocx
Blue Week Convener: Nicole Da Cruz
Twilight Conveners: Thomas Hart, Vedant Dave
Halfway Dinner Conveners: Leilani Doobinnia, Michelle Ly
Gradball Convener: Anandil Javaid and the Gradball Team
Gradbook Organiser: Timothy Leow
disOrientation Week Conveners: Edgardo Solis and the disOrientation Week Team
Critical Care Working Group: Chatwin Lee, Diane Premanth
Second Year Representatives: Eka Cox, Kheira Gabsi
Third Year Representatives: Yvonne Nguyen, Melinda Lam
Fourth Year Representatives: Virginia Wong, Patrick Baquir
Fifth Year Representatives: Leon Ong, Anthony Wilson, Claire Francis, Nathan Leung
International Representative: Timothy Leow
Clinical School Representative: Tamara Johnson
Surgery Society Secretary: Eka Cox
This election is over. The results of this election are shown above.
Election nominations have now CLOSED. The following information is out of date and is included here for archival purposes only.
January/February elections are now open and in action! Do you want to be involved in WSMS in 2016 or have a special interest? If you want to get involved in something you feel passionate about or want to try something new, your opportunity is now.
All WSMS Full Council positions are as depicted:
Nominations for Council (including Subcommittee) positions are open from Tuesday January 5th. Applications close on Monday January 18th at 11:59pm. Update 1: Applications for the remaining positions will re-open on Monday February 1st and will close on Monday February 15th. Remaining positions are those that have not been crossed out below. Update 2: Applications have now closed.
To find out more about what each role involves click on the linked headings/bullet points.
These positions are overseen by Will Harrison (Year 3) the WSMS Social Director.
A. Event Conveners
- Twilight Festival Convener
- Blue Week Convener
- Red Week Convener
- Halfway Dinner Convener
- MedRevue Director and Producer
- Sports Day Convener
B. Graduation Committee
- GradBall Convener
- GradBook Organiser
- disOrientation Week Convener
These positions are overseen by Christine Byrnes (Year 4) the WSMS Academic Director.
- Rural Committee
- Community Engaged Teaching and Learning
- Critical Care Working Group
B. Program Coordinators
C. Student Representatives
- Second/Third/Fourth/Fifth Year Representatives (2 from each grade)
- International Representative
- Indigenous Representative
- Clinical School Representatives
How to Apply
- Read the relevant documents with information for each role.
- Election Rules document found here.
- Contact the relevant WSMS Executive member regarding your role. Ask them to send electronic confirmation to the WSMS Secretary.
- Complete your application as specified in the information documents.
- An appropriately filled Working Contract (Nomination Form) found here
- A photograph (Please note this may be edited (cropped or colour adjusted to ensure consistency amongst all candidates)
- All other relevant documentation (e.g. CV, answer documents)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you by one of the Returning Officers.
Timeline of Important Dates
- Jan 5: Release of nomination information
- Jan 18: Close of Submissions (11.59pm)
- Jan 21: Positions going to online voting put on website
- Jan 28: Close of Voting after 1 week
- Jan 28-30: WSMS President and Secretary to contact all successful & unsuccessful candidates
- Jan 31: Announcement of Results
- February 1st - Reopening of applications for remaining positions
- February 15th - Close of submissions for remaining positions.
Good luck! :)
WSMS Secretary 2016