Voting for Round 1 has now closed. Stay tuned for Round 2
WSMS is electing all positions for 2017 in a single mega-election.
Every WSMS Executive, Council, GHAWS/SurgSoc/PhysSoc/Alumni Executive position will be decided by you, our members in an online election.
SEPTEMBER 30 - Voting opens
OCTOBER 7 – Voting closes
Nominations have now closed. The following information is included for archival purposes only.
Check out WSMS Constitution Part 4: Election Rules
• Want to know what each position involves? Read Part 4.
• Want to know what to put in your application? Read Part 4
• Want to know how Will Harrison keeps his hair so shiny? Read Part 4.
• Want to know if you can apply with a mate? Read Part 4.
• Want to know if you can make t-shirts saying vote for Pedro? No, and read Part 4.
• Want to know how many positions you can run for? Read Part 4.
• Want to know when the results are released? Read Part 4.
Good luck, and we hope to see everyone logging in and voting in October.
Returning Officers: Lana Nguyen (President 2016)
GHAWS Executive Detailed Role Descriptions are found here.
Alumni Foundation Detailed Role Descriptions are found here.
Nomination Application Checklist. N.B. Nominations have now closed.
1. Nomination form
2. Evidence of discussion with the person who currently holds this role (screenshot of FB convo or email is enough)
3. High definition photo to be used on website
4. Blurb which addresses application criteria. This will appear on the website. If there are no stated application criteria, simply describe your vision for the role and why you believe you are suitable!
Note: Word count for blurb:
<500 words for President of WSMS.
<400 words for all other positions